Nova Theatre - The Wizard of Oz
Auditions for Nova's October/November production of The Wizard of Oz will be held Sunday June 16 at 1pm - 5pm & 6.30pm - 10pm.
1. No roles have yet been cast.
2.. All people auditioning should prepare two contrasting songs of a similar genre to the show but not from this show.
The audition panel will likely only hear one song of the auditionee’s choice, but your second selection, if requested, should show a contrasting vocal style.
Please bring sheet music in the correct key for the accompanist (facilities for pre-recorded accompaniments are not available).
3. Please bring a copy of your performance CV and a headshot to attach to your audition form.
4. We will attempt to adhere to booked times as far as possible. Please arrive at least 10 minutes before your audition in order to fill out the audition form.
5. Membership fees are payable at the first rehearsal. The fees cover a costume & script deposit, insurance, the gala supper, dinner between the matinee & evening performance on the final Saturday, refreshments & a DVD of photos of the show.
6. Successful auditionees will be making a commitment to be available for rehearsals (which are held on Sunday afternoon, Monday evening & Thursday evening), the photo night, sitz probe and production week and all performances. NOVA Music Theatre has a policy that cast can not miss more than 3 rehearsals.
MUNCHKINS (Childrens workshop)
Disney - FROZEN The West End Musical
GLASGOW: UK Theatre School W Regent St. Glasgow
MANCHESTER: Studio 25. Church St. Manchester M14 1PE
BIRMINGHAM: DanceXchange 1 Thorp St. Birmingham B54AU
KRISTOFF: 20s - A human orphan reaised by trolls in the forest. Kristoff is a delf-reliant ice-cutter whode best friend is a reindeer, for ehom he provides a voice so they can have conversations. Kristoff is naturally warm with a good heart, although he's circumspect about Anna and her mountaintop missiopn. Baritone.
WESELTON: 50a - Intolerant diplomat, the duke of Weselton seels any opportunity to get ahead. He seizes on Elsa's "Accident" to spread fear and discredit the entire Royal Family of Arendale. Small in stature.
WHAT TO PREPARE:
What will hapen at Open Call? - You will be given a number, when your number is called you will go into the audition room to sing 16 bars of song you have prepared. It may be a long day so please be prepared to wait around, and bring water and snacks.
I live overseas, can I still audition? - If you are legally able to work in the UK, then yes. So you con't have to travel for the first round please submit a self-tape and your CV to email@example.com and put the subject 'Overseas submission'.